A successful talent management process for hiring freelancers
Traditionally creating a freelance talent management process involves multiple teams, over a short period of time, often with extra internal admin processes. We explore 7 steps that businesses can take to create a more effective process that saves time and money.
7 steps to creating a better freelance management process.
- Planning: Starting a hiring process before actually needing help is one of the key starting points for any business. Planning the workload and working out what kind of talent you’ll need before developing a detailed job description sets your project off on the right start
- Sourcing: The next step is then finding the right talent to help your project. Looking for top talent through different channels can be time-consuming. Bringing your freelance community and talent pools together in one place saves hours, if not days, on sourcing trusted talent.
- Reviewing candidates: To ensure you’re hiring the right freelancer you will review either a CV or portfolio, if not a mix of both. By having these details all in one place not only ensures you’re meeting GDPR compliance, you are able to easily share freelancers, their skills, CV’s and Portfolios with colleagues to ensure the right decision is taken quickly.
- Interviewing: Once you’ve got a good selection of talent, interviews are the next step in the talent management process. This helps determine which candidates should move on in the process. Having a standard flow for this process within an organisation ensures the right questions/checks are undertaken.
- Creating an offer: Once you have found the right freelancer, it is really important to create a contract that states the assignment and agreed outputs. Whilst making sure the contract is in line with local laws and compliance such as IR35. The consideration of a freelance management system like YunoJuno can remove 90% of the admin that internal teams currently have to undertake.
- Onboarding: This can include compliance checks, such as Right to Work, Financial & Criminal Record Checks, Onboarding onto Internal systems and setting up company email addresses. All of this can be a lengthy process depending on the business structures and includes a lot of double entry. Automating these processes saves time and reduces human error.
- Finishing a contract and providing feedback: Last but not least, It is really important to end a contract in the right way, providing feedback to the freelancer to aid your future working relationship, but also to inform your future hiring.
It is also important to give the freelancer the chance to feedback on their experience of working with you to improve/maintain your freelancer relationships.
The steps mentioned are an important part of creating a future proof freelance talent pool management process. As with most companies, there are multiple teams who are involved in the sourcing, managing, onboarding and paying freelancers. This can mean taking time to bring much needed skilled freelance professionals into your business.
Using a Freelance Management System like YunoJuno helps manage your freelance talent pool, saving time and money through automation, reducing the number of touch points internal teams need to make, all whilst teams having visibility of the process and progress of each talent pool and booking. Book your free demo today and find out how YunoJuno helps manage your talent pool.